Director of the Library.
Jill has been with the library since 2001.
- Fall 1984 needs assessment completed; 91% responding favored a public library in Suring
- March 1985 library Steering Committee formed
- Summer 1985 initial presentations made to the municipal boards of Towns of Bagley, Breed, How, Maple Valley and Village of Suring
- October 1985 Oconto County Board contacted to fund library
- November 1985 Steering Committee reorganized into Friends of the Suring Area Public Library
- February 1986 1st Friends meeting; purpose of Friends of Suring Area Public Library: find/raise funds and promote library
- May 1986 application for membership in Nicolet Federated Library System (confirmed effective January 1987); first Library Board meets, with Trustees appointed by municipalities
- October 1986 Oconto County Library Board approves establishment of the Suring Area Public Library
- November 1986 Building on corner of Main Street & Peshtigo Brook Road rented; procuring furnishings, supplies and donated books began
- January 27, 1987 library opens for business
- July, 1999 library begins automated circulation as a member of OWLSnet
- December 2005 Community Development Block Grant approved for new library building
- June, 2007 groundbreaking for new facility
- January, 2008 staff undertook packing and moving from old building to new
- February 11, 2008 new facility open
- June 2008 grand opening of new Suring Municipal Building and Suring Area Public Library
- January, 2010 building debt retired
The Suring Area Public Library has had a tree coming from a book as our logo for many years.
We love having a Reading Tree and we love seeing you under it.